Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Screenshot story

Smartphone, my constant companion,  serves me even as an actual notepad. So running out of battery or loosing Internet connection poses threat to my operability.

As I travel regularly across countries and with my aversion to paperwork, frequently I need to access  lot of information stored on my smartphone. 
On my way to airport in country which language i do not speak, in late evening with few people around, it happened.  My train had delay which completely turned my memorised travel plan upside down, leaving me abroad middle of cold night stranded.

The web browser (chrome swipe down to page reload) refreshed and displayed request for Internet connection.  So I cruised the neighbourhood searching for WiFi.  Unique rescue I found at McDonald's with unprecedented open network. 

So this time I learned the lesson and details of my itinerary translated by Google secured by shooting a screenshot.

On Android pressing Turn On and home button or alternatively  Volume Down and Home button saves what is displayed on the screen in png format.
In case of low battery, turning on  Power saving on my Samsung, let me present screenshot to locals when asking for help.

Last task is to delete obsolete screenshots.

Enjoyable moments with your multifaceted handheld device.

No comments: