Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Get what you deserve

Listening to whatever I like ... and paying tribute directly to artists




Big news around the world shake major news outlets:
"Downloadify Chrome Extension enables Spotify users to download permanently streamed DRM-free music."

Not a whole day afterwards is this  feature obviously removed from Chrome Store. So this topic obviously will still remains actual:
"What is going to be the relation between content consumer; producer and provider?"

Hell, I hate those US patent and copyrights court battles and police guided executions of teens or pensioners - just because they allegedly distributed unauthorised media content.

However, I don't feel like a musician able to make music; but still  I do like to lean back and listen to good  music. So here is what I do when  some melody / song / soundtrack catches my attention:


Reach to my phone and instantly tap the Shazam app to identify it. On the condition that I have the internet connection - Shazam returns a list of actions; of course, first I wanna watch the YouTube video. As I have on my phone TubeMate app already installed - I choose this one over the native YouTube app because: 
Among other formats, TubeMate enables  YouTube video to be downloaded as a mp3 - adjust track title, artist & album name - and voilà, now feel free to enjoy the sound in any music player. 
Here direct link to download TubeMate app for various mobile operation systems.

Well, i cannot resist not to highlight the Samsung stock Music Player with its intuitive navigation, attractive looks, wide support of formats. My favorite feature is a Music square - however if you move music files or remove / attach external memory, make sure to refresh.


If I already know the artist or the name of a song, then I look another app: search in Play Store for "mp3 downloader" or similar keyword and at least one such an app pops up. Personally I use Simple Mp3 Downloader - for its simplicity ... some ad banner does not spoil the fun of final outcome: music free to listen to anywhere...

Amanda Palmer
As the philosophical question arises if we - the consumers - should compensate the content producers the same way as we pay for our food in grocery store: I absolutely AGREE with +Amanda Palmer  as she declared her approach on her website or in TED conference - to raising money as direct support from her fans - based on "honor system".




Enjoy the presentation of a different approach to marketing music and art works:



So definitely, I appreciate the input of  - in this case of - artists in the outcome I happened to enjoy. Indeed,  I pay monthly subscription fee for official download of audio books. Honestly, I'd rather pay a bit more for the same to show my personal (fractional in global point of view but still monetary...) support directly to the "creator"  - than wiring my money to unpersonal big corporations...


So if YOU believe as well on free world with people interacting fairly - let's make quality entertainment affordable through supporting directly those giving us inspiration... and quality entertainment!

Disclaimer: Please, note that all statements on this blog are of my own personal viewpoint; any quoted  or mentioned persons not necessarily share the same view.

No comments: